Having strong filing and organizational skills is crucial for laying a solid foundation for SEO. The hierarchy of information is also important, as it helps search engines understand the structure and relevance of the content on a website. When a website is messy and disorganized, it can create confusion for both search engines and users, making it harder for them to find the information they need.
Furthermore, when a website is cluttered and disorganized, it can negatively impact user experience, leading to a high bounce rate and a decrease in rankings. On the other hand, a well-organized website with clear categories and easy navigation can enhance the user experience and increase engagement, which can positively impact SEO.
Therefore, it is crucial to keep the filing and organization of a website neat and simple, making it easy for search engines to crawl and index the site’s pages, and for users to find the information they are looking for quickly and easily. By doing so, a website can improve its SEO performance and attract more traffic and engagement.
Sample of Foundational SEO & Principles
- Use descriptive and relevant file names: When naming files, use descriptive names that accurately reflect the content of the file. This can help search engines better understand the content of the file and its relevance to the website.
- Create a logical URL structure: A clear and logical URL structure can help both search engines and users understand the hierarchy of information on a website. Use keywords in the URL to signal the content of the page.
- Implement header tags: Header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) provide structure and hierarchy to a web page’s content. Use them to organize the content and signal to search engines which parts of the page are more important.
- Optimize images: Images can impact page load times, which can affect SEO. Optimize images by compressing them and using relevant file names and alt tags that describe the image.
- Use a sitemap: A sitemap is a file that lists all the pages on a website, making it easier for search engines to crawl and index the site. Submitting a sitemap to search engines can help ensure all pages are properly indexed and can improve overall SEO performance.